Friday, November 16, 2007

Vogue...Vogue...Vogue: There's Nothing to it, Just Strike

Striking is so en vogue, so hot right now. First the Writers Guild, then the Broadway stagehands, this week, all week Aramark workers have been striking on Park Avenue, just around the corner from my office.

I didn’t even know who they were until I purposely walked by them this morning. And I only just googled (completely different thought: should that be a capitalized verb? And do any capitalized verbs exist in the English language?) Aramark and according to its website, “global leader in professional services, providing award-winning food, hospitality, facility management services and high-quality uniform and work apparel.” Ooooh fancy. Not only that, but “Aramark Recycles!” And the 2007 FORTUNE 500 survey ranked Aramark first in its industry. So if this company is soooo great, why are these workers striking? I probably won’t ever figure that out, I just hope the conflict is resolved before Thanksgiving because I’d rather not come back to the chanting.

But if the guy who wears a feather hat and makes clucking (chicken) noises wants to come buy again, I’d welcome him back to our corner. That’s entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home