Monday, August 28, 2006

Hailing a Bus

Annie lives smack between two bus stops on 3rd Ave., which travels uptown. After an episode of "Project Runway" last week I stepped out of her apartment to see that the bus had already stopped at the 23rd St. stop, so I hiked up my skirt (a little) and ran for the next stop. I didn't make it. (Of course.)

I didn't stop running and yelled, "You suck!"

Then, someone whistled.

The bus stopped!

I got on.

I didn't think the bus sucked anymore.

I liked the bus.

"Did you whistle?" the bus driver asked me.

I shook my head.

When I got off I made a point to display my gratitude with a big gushy "Thaaaank you!!" to the bus driver.

Someone hailed me a bus. And it wasn't even my doorman.*



*I live in a sixth floor walkup. We don't have a doorman.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home